– BAC VXT 4500, 4 towers with 3 cells each
– Towers had been in service since 1988 with little to no regular maintenance.
– The fill was occluded and brittle.
– The mechanicals were rusted and fans were bent and damaged from ice.
– Spray system was plugged and leaking.
– Remove existing fill packs.
– Sandblast inside of all cells, one tower at a time. Paint interiors with our patented epoxy.
– Replace rusted fan snouts and repair badly rusted panels.
– Install new Brentwood fill pack.
– Replace driveshafts with custom manufactured stainless steel units, all fans bearings, sheaves and belts were replaced, installed and balanced.
– Customer manufactured R130 Spray Systems were installed to complete the project in all cells.
– Completed project gave Suncor and astounding 28% increase in tower efficiency.